Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The best sister & My first bloggers event


After the week from hell with somehow catching the Norovirus last Sunday and only recovering fully on Friday. My whole house ended up catching it resulting in this I hadn't left the house for 4/5 days. I hit a massive emotional wall my hair was rank my skin was spotty and dry I couldn't move or go outside and this is without going into detail about the 3 full days of sickness and diarrhoea. I missed being at work and everything seem to hit me at once. I am not one to get seriously ill so I think when I did come down with this bug my whole body just seemed to have given up. It was also half term and while I was slowly on the mend my mum was getting the first stages of the virus so I had to try and forget the horrible feeling in my belly and get into big sister mode. 



I had got tickets for my first blogging event for the Friday evening in Norwich. I had these for weeks and I was so excited to go then it hit me how could I go with a little sister who needed me. She had spent the day in her p'js getting out every single toy, book and bit of paper she owned while pretending to be a school teacher. (her usual thing to do while trashing the house at the same time) Once this game got boring we then went onto the 'i am bored. I want to go out' situation telling me how she would like to maybe go shopping and spend her pocket money she had earned doing chores. I couldn't say no as she had been stuck in all week surrounded by an ill sister and now an ill mum. 


She suggested getting the train to Norwich as she has seen and fell in love with a stationery shop called 'Smiggle'. She asked me what time the bloggers event was and I just said much later on and not to worry as we wont bother going as I didn't want to drag her to something she would have no interest in or even understand. But to my surprise she said 'Please go you have been going on about it for weeks I can just sit and draw. I don't care' This to me made my heart completely melt she knew this was something I really wanted to do and would come with me knowing she would have to do her own thing. She might be 10 years old but she really has the heart of an angel. 



So we grabbed some food looked round the shops bought a few things we both didn't need (she is learning young haha) and made our way to U and Your Skin shop. I was so nervous knowing there was going to be other ladies there I had never met and I didn't really know what to expect because I 
had never been to anything like this before. I was the first one there witch helped a little bit as I didn't have to walk into a room full of faces looking back at you. As more and more ladies arrived I felt so much more at ease as everyone was so polite and welcoming with big smiling faces.



While Drinking Prosecco and mingling with new faces talking about our blogs and what we do for a living etc the night was a big hit everyone was so lovely and even my sister enjoyed being involved. I soon felt so comfortable being in a room full of women who enjoy and understand doing the same things as me. Everyone was walking round with there phones and cameras out videoing and snapping away it was so SO nice knowing your not getting funny looks from people while your trying to get a photo for your Instagram story or trying to vlog!! 



Some of the ladies then went on to have a lovely 20 minute personal facial & while we got a talk about the beautiful products inside the salon. The lovely owner Louise was explaining to us about all the different methods of facials that are available for pacific skin troubles as not everyone is the same or suffers from the same things. This was really helpful as they totally believe in providing the best care for you and your skin rather then you going into the salon and asking for something that could really do nothing for you but they still take your money anyway. This totally won me over as you have to admit some places wouldn't stop you and tell you I don't think that is personally the right treatment for your skin.



 Before the night came to an end everyone who attended were given a lovely bag full of little goodies that we can take home to try (another post to come) was such a nice touch from the owner. I left feeling So happy I took part in this and its defo something I shall be doing more often. Getting myself out there and getting to know a bigger community of lovely real life local bloggers. 


There is talks of another Q&A meet up so we can all ask a few questions about skin care and hints and tips on what to do about certain things about our skin we would like to change this also gives us all an opportunity to blog about a certain questions we want answered and can feed back to others in the same situation. 👄💅💭


Thank you for taking the time to read my post & leave comments. I do appreciate each & every single one & I will reply. Please leave a link to your blog or social media in your comment so I can go & check it out and return some of the love.. 👄 

Paige Louise xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger templates by pipdig