Sunday, March 08, 2015

Rimmel Review








Rimmel
i have totally had me head over heels for there "Provocalips 16 hour kiss proof lip colour". I made my first purchase after hearing about how it actually does last all day & I just had to try it out for myself. So I went ahead and bought my first shades 'Play with fire' & 'kiss me you fool'. I have been totally amazed with the results in both the shades and I didn't think it would last five minutes let alone 16 hours but I have been proven wrong even with eating, drinking & being at work. I still found it difficult to come off before bed when taking my make up off using makeup wipes. It is truly amazing & the colours are so so beautiful with such a glossy flawless finish every time. However with this result I later when on to buy another 16 hour kiss proof lip colour but in the shade "I'll call you" expecting it to be as perfect as my last two purchases, however I was surprisingly disappointed as much as it pains me to say it because it looks such a pretty girly colour but when applied its the total opposite, it was like a cheap paint had been applied to my lips & because the colour is such a bright, out there colour it made my lips look so dry & crackly. I don't know if this was a one off or just a general flaw in the product colour i'd love to know if anyone else has experienced this with any of the shades or if its just me?? finishing on a plus it is only £6.99!




Apocalips Lip Lacquer 
What an intense choice of colours unfortunately at the moment I only own four shades in this range like shown in the photo from top to bottom in the first photo above the shades are "Nude eclipse", "Big bang", "Stella"' & the bottom is a Matte "Across the universe" shade. Hopefully before the end of march I will own a few more of these because they are such a perfect day to day lipstick unlike the 16 hour kiss proof it will need re applying throughout the day but then I didn't expect anything else when the pigmentation of the whole range is faultless and the affordable price of £6.49 it truly makes up for everything else.




Exaggerate Lip Liner 
I have never been one for lip liner or even understood the purpose of it until recently looking & hearing about it a lot on YouTube so I thought i'd invest in one & chose Rimmel Exaggerate. I went for a natural shade "Addiction" its such a perfect colour for my skin tone I have also added this to the whole of my lips to create a matte looking effect after applying a lip stick. I have most certainly fallen in love with the fuller look this creates also with it being a twist roll up soft texture liner its so easy to use even for a someone like me who isn't the neatest of people when applying fine fiddly products such as this. Most importantly with this product you longer need those dreaded sharpeners.

Cheap & Perfect £3.99



Thanks for reading, Paige x
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger templates by pipdig