Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My top 5 Drug store foundations


So today's post is going to be about my top five drug store foundations and the reasons why I like them, their coverage and their price. As I don't tend to use the same foundation over and over again I like to try new ones out each week to see how I get on with them and how they last on my face during a work day. I do like a full coverage matte kind of foundation and I know this isn't to everyone's preference but its just a foundation I personally love and look for. I used to be an Estee Lauder double wear foundation kind of girl but I couldn't keep spending £29 each time I was close to running out. This is when I went on the hunt for new cheaper alternatives. 

The first foundation I picked up many many months ago now was the Seventeen Stay Time foundation I even raved about this on my Instagram at the time as well. Now I have looked everywhere online for this as I cant remember the price I paid for it but its nowhere to be seen and on the boots website it does say this is no longer available. 😔 But this foundation was the twin to the Estee Lauder foundation and if anything the coverage was better! You didn't need a lot of product as a tiny bit went a long way and the overall finish was beautiful blended into the skin really nicely leaving no heavy patches or blemishes on show. 


The next foundation I went onto trying was the Max Factor Face Finity Foundation. This is more of a light coverage foundation and a little bit more watery to any other foundation I have used before. You do need to build this product up quite a bit if you were to try create a full coverage look. But overall its a really nice foundation especially if you are trying to create just a simple natural look or you generally just don't want to wear a lot of foundation. I tend to also add one pump of this foundation to another thicker foundation as this is very loose and makes applying very easy and smooth.



Moving onto the next foundation I tried out this was the Loreal Paris Infallible Stay Fresh foundation this product is a medium coverage but I will admit this foundation does stay on all day without creating blotchy patches or going oily. It has a very light brightening finish to this product while covering any imperfections on the skin, its just an all round lovely foundation that's always handy to have in your make up storage as a quick go to foundation.



Now this is a product I think many people have tried and tested its the Rimmel London Lasting finish foundation. This has to be one of the products on the top of my list for its full coverage that hides away any blemishes, tired eyes & red patches etc.While being one of the nicest foundations to apply it blends in so well leaving no streaks or patches and it's one of the cheapest on my list. I shall forever continue to purchase it as I really do love it.



The last and the most recent foundation I have been trying is the Bourjois Air Matte foundation. I have always heard such good reviews on Boujois makeup products and thought I would try out there matte foundation. This is a very heavy thick full coverage foundation and you seriously only need a tiny bit on your brush or sponge as it really does cover up anything on your face. It has a perfect coverage leaving you with a flawless complexion.The only downside to this product is after a few hours it can become heavy and very sticky. Its not one to wear if your at work all day, but this is more of an evening foundation anyway.



1)Seventeen Stay Time foundation - Full coverage * no longer available online sorry *
2) Max Factor Face Finity foundation - Light coverage * £8.95 Boots *
3) Loreal Paris Infallible Stay Fresh foundation - Medium coverage * £9.99 Boots *
 4) Rimmel London Lasting finish foundation - Full coverage * £7.99 Boots *
5) Bourjois Air Matte foundation - Medium coverage  *£7.99 Boots*

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & leave comments. I do appreciate each & every single one & I will reply. Please leave a link to your blog or social media in your comment so I can go & check it out and return some of the love.. 👄 

Paige Louise xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger templates by pipdig